Sunday, April 03, 2005

New York drawls

I will joining a group of very cool authors in New York for two special nights:

Hazards of Globalisation: Entertainment by Foreigners. The ex-pat artists in this city are mostly busy being New Yorkers like everyone else. At this cabaret, though, they revert to their étranger status and express their ideas about where they've come from vs. the country they've come to. Think of it as a mini-Olympics of music, theatre, dance, spoken-word, and video art. Tuesday, April 12th, 10 pm. Galapagos Art Space, 70 North 6th Street, Williamsburg. (L to Bedford Ave.) 718 782-5188. Free.

Don't Blame Canada: Some of Canada's most entertaining poets and writers talk and perform work about cross-border mutual misunderestimations. David McGimpsey, Adeena Karasick, Catherine Kidd, Corey Frost, Jon Paul Fiorentino, Ian Ferrier, and Amanda Marchand. Bowery Poetry Club, 308 Bowery. 212-614-0505. Wed., April 13th. 10 pm. $5 (US or Can. dollars.)

These will sort of be my NYC Asthmatica launches. Hope to see you there.

3 comments:

Jonathan Ball said...

I recently read your Asthmatica book and thought it was fantastic and very funny. In the true spirit of high comedy I read it all during intermissions between bands while out to see The Queens of the Stone Age in concert. I finished "The Longlist" just as the lights came down and Josh Homme stepped onto the stage. Good luck with the NYC events, they sound like fun. Now I am off to see if I can convince Cooley to go out for drinks. I'm sure it won't be too difficult.

J said...

It is a quick and easy read, eh? So glad you liked it Jonathan! My love to Cooley. I've been reading some Cooley texts to my poetry workshop!

Anonymous said...

fast home equity loans