Friday, August 12, 2005

Not angry anymore

The new Matrix Comics Issue is back from the printer. It's very sweet. My favourites are the gag comics by Lauren R. Weinstein, creator of "morrissey and me." You can find "morrissey and me" at http://gURL.com. (Sorry- I can't seem to get the hyperlinks working on this mac browser.) The issue will not be in stores until after labour day. We don't want the Nostalgia Issue to be returned or pulped just yet.

I've been with Matrix for six years now. And Matrix is in its thirtieth year. I volunteered for the first couple of years and worked my ass off in order to become indispensible. At the time I was just thrilled to be a part of publishing poetry, fiction, art, etc. (I still am, but sometimes I get caught up in the petty stuff.) Back then, working with Rob Allen and Andy Brown helped to save my literary life. I wonder how many young people just give up because of the lack of opportunities and/or money in literary publishing...

2 comments:

Jonathan Ball said...

you mean there's no money in literary publishing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!!!!!!!!

Daniel Sendecki said...

Whatever! I'm writing this message on my Blackberry while sipping Perignon on my 35 foot cutter wearing Sperry Topsiders and lighting Cubans with pictures of Wilfrid Laurier.

Solid.